Valium Treatment & Rehab in Asheville
Asheville Benzodiazepine Drug Rehab
Valium (diazepam) is a widely prescribed benzodiazepine used to treat anxiety, muscle spasms, and seizures. It’s also one of the most abused medications in America.
Addiction to Valium can have far-reaching consequences in a user’s life. Like alcohol, benzos are also powerfully addictive and can cause seizures and other complications during the withdrawal process. For these reasons, it’s widely recommended that people who’ve become dependent on Valium enter a formal treatment program to manage detoxification and the long-term addiction recovery process.
Why Choose Carolina Recovery Solutions?
Carolina Recovery Solutions is a family-owned drug rehab center located in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains north of Asheville, NC. Since 2018, we’ve helped people overcome addictions to benzodiazepines, alcohol, and other substances by providing personalized care and the support of passionate professionals.
Reasons why patients choose us:
- We take a whole-person approach to recovery.
- Our unique facility offers a serene and relaxing environment.
- We offer a variety of treatments to address your physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing.
- Licensed therapists, nurses, addiction specialists, and on-staff acupuncturists and yoga instructors.
Signs of Valium Addiction
Like other benzodiazepines, Valium has a high risk for addiction – even when used as instructed by a doctor. And while addiction doesn’t develop overnight, people can become physically and psychologically dependent on Valium in a short period of time.
If you are struggling with an inability to stop using Valium despite the desire to do so, or are concerned about a loved one’s use, treatment may be beneficial. Substance use disorders have both short- and long-term consequences and can erode your quality of life. For example, heavy users of Valium may experience:
- Slurred speech, disorientation, and double vision
- Dry mouth, nausea, or vomiting
- Painful or difficult urination
- Poor judgment and risky decision-making
- Drug-seeking behavior
- Inability to cut back or stop use
- Continued use despite negative consequences
- Impaired performance at work, neglect of responsibilities
- Lost interest in hobbies, increased isolation to use or recover from use
Long-Term Effects of Valium Addiction
Valium has been one of the most popular anti-anxiety medications since its introduction in the 1960s, but decades of data show that its long-term use and abuse can have considerable consequences. This includes intensification of the psychological symptoms of anxiety and behavioral changes such as:
- Increased anxiety and depression
- Irritability, anger, and mood swings
- Confusion and disorganized thinking
- Memory problems
- Hallucinations and paranoia
As a powerful tranquilizer and central nervous system depressant, Valium suppresses functions of the heart, brain, lungs, and other vital organs. Over time, Valium abuse can cause physical effects such as:
- Fatigue, weakness, and muscle pain
- Tremors and seizures
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Abdominal discomfort, constipation
- Visual disturbances
Treatment of Valium Addiction
While Valium use can have profound effects on a person’s physical and emotional health, it can be equally dangerous for those who suddenly stop using. That’s because abrupt cessation of Valium can create the risk of dangerous CNS rebound effects such as intense anxiety, muscle spasms, and seizures.
As a result, people who wish to quit Valium and other benzos are commonly advised to detox under medical supervision.
Medical detox can help patients manage the painful effects and discomfort of withdrawal, ensure they detox safely, and reduce risks for relapse and overdose. This is done using therapeutic medications, gradual dose reduction (tapering), and around-the-clock monitoring by medical professionals who can prevent and respond to potentially life-threatening withdrawal symptoms.
In addition to Valium detox, Carolina Recovery Solutions offers patients access to personalized support and evidence-based therapies that provide meaningful solutions to their long-term sobriety goals. Our Valium addiction treatment programs include:
- Intensive outpatient rehab
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Group and behavioral therapies
- Adventure therapy, acupuncture, and yoga
- Life skills development and aftercare
At Carolina Recovery Solutions, we understand the throes of addiction can dominate your life and create uncertainty about your ability to stop and stay sober. That’s why we have created a recovery experience that offers patients an opportunity to regain control in a safe and supportive environment.
If you are a ready to explore your options for Valium detox, treatment, and lasting recovery, our team at Carolina Recovery Solutions is here to help. Call (828) 383-8328 or contact us online today.
to Your Addiction Carolina Recovery Solutions: Helping You On Your Path to Recovery